Driving motivated consumer traffic to a well branded Google+ Business page, should be considered a new marketing priority, for small business owners and big brands; alike. Although both Facebook and Twitter may have their own unique appeal to marketers, an established Google+ profile and/or business page can reward business owners, with additional brand exposure in Google search results; as well as offer a free advocate for their brand building message.
Although eager to adopt the +1 button, most business owners are surprised to learn that simply performing the +1 action, will not automatically include their business’ page; in users’ circles. In order for users to receive your company’s branded content, Google+ members must add your business or organization to a circle; themselves. With that being said, if your motivation is to build an engaged and loyal Google+ audience (which it should be), it is important that you utilize your existing social media marketing assets; to encourage visits to your brand’s Google+ page. This means that it might be wise, to ask employees and partners to share the new branded page, with their circles of friends, fans and followers; to encourage other consumers to connect with your brand.
In addition to the word of mouse approach I mentioned above, here are 5 more tips for growing your Google+ followers, and encouraging users to add your brand’s page; to their circles:
- Place a link to your Google+ profile and/or business/brand page on your blog and website. This includes your WordPress or Blogger author profile, as well.
- Put a link to your Google+ profile and/or business/brand page from all forum and social media profiles, as well as your email signatures.
- Link to your Google+ profile and/or page, when you leave comments on blog post and articles… like this one.
- Add a Google+ badge to your website.
- Encourage the Audience to Use Direct Connect. Brands can now say to consumers: (for example) “search for +TWMG on Google,” and that action will take users directly to the brand’s Google+ page.
If businesses hope to enjoy the search, social media and brand building benefits of marketing with Google+, they must leverage their existing best practices, and use established social media and search engine marketing strategies/methods; to drive consumer traffic to their Google+ profile and posts. By partnering methods that have worked in the past, with incentives like Google+ hangouts, businesses and brands can create a brand and grow a Google+ following; that is active, loyal and engaged.